Naija News, Nigerian News, CityNews Summary Today, 29 November, 2022 can be accessed below.
CityNews has compiled Nigerian News, Newspaper Headlines, Naija News, and NewsOnline Summary from all Nigerian newspapers today, Tuesday 29 November 2022.
See Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News, CityNews Summary Today, Tuesday 29, November 2022 Below:
1. The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Monday, warned Nigerians that if the Federal Government kept withholding their pay, a new crisis would break out in the country’s universities. The University of Ilorin, ASUU Chairman, Prof. Moyosore Ajao, raised the alarm at a special congress of the local branch held at the university’s main auditorium on Monday.
2. The All Progressives Congress and the Osun State House of Assembly yesterday tackled the new Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, over the six Executive Orders he signed on Monday. They condemned the new governor for reversing some appointments and job recruitments made by his predecessor, Gboyega Oyetola.
3. The Nigerian National Merit Award has stated that the 32 nominees for the 2022 edition were not qualified. The quasi-academic agency said the nominees did not pass the prerequisite exam.
4. Aminu Mohammed, the student arrested for allegedly criticising First Lady Aisha Buhari on Twitter, says he was beaten and taken to the Presidential Villa in Abuja. According to his father, Mohammed, who is a student of the Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State, said this when he called him from detention.
5. The Federal Government has advised Nigerians traveling to US, UK and some European countries to be wary of thieves targeting their passports, money and other valuables. Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, gave the advice on Monday in Abuja while speaking at the fifth edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration scorecard, 2015-2023.
6. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, has refuted allegations of budget padding by some ministries, departments and agencies. The minister noted that the funds in question were only wrongly captured in the budget estimates submitted to the National Assembly.
7. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, is set to suspend his campaign and town hall engagements for at least eight days to embark on a tour of some selected Western countries. The candidate, according to a series of tweets by the APC Presidential Campaign Council, would be out of the country between December 4 and 12.
8. The Abuja division of the Court of Appeal has affirmed the judgment of a Federal High Court in Damaturu, Yobe State, which declared Bashir Machina as the genuine candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yobe North senatorial district. In a ruling, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem of the appellate court dismissed the appeal filed by the Senate President, Ahmed Lawal, for lacking in merit.
9. Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has said Nigeria, under the leadership of All progressives Congress (APC), is bleeding and required a qualified individual to rescue it from collapsing. He said the people were hungry, while insecurity has taken over every part of the country.
10. Former governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Kaduna State, Sani Mahmood Sha’aban, yesterday, dumped the party. The son-in-law to President Muhammadu Buhari said he decided to dump the party because it has no regard for the rule of law.
2023: Some elements in Aso Rock don’t want Tinubu to win – El-Rufai
Breaking! Gunmen attack INEC office, police station in Anambra
Breaking! 2023: Atiku Finally Reveals His Health Status
Igbokwe: Buhari’s Heart Is Not With Tinubu
BREAKING: INEC May Postpone General Election By Two Weeks
Breaking! ‘Atiku To Step Down For Peter Obi’ Is Good News For Us – Okonkwo
Buhari’s convoy wasn’t attacked by stone pelters in Kano – Presidency
Fani-Kayode’s Ex,Precious Chikwendu pens sweet note to son, Lotanna on his 7th birthday
Osun Tribunal: Oyetola’s Lawyer Brushes Aside Jury’s ‘Buga’ Judgement
100+ Happy New Month Messages For February Wishes
Breaking! Apostle Suleman Releases Fresh Prophetic Declaration For February 2023
Why Wike Can’t Publicly Declare Support For Tinubu Or Peter Obi
Shehu Sani: Why Wike’s G5 governors’ endorsement will be irrelevant
Tambuwal’s Aide, Aisha Maina Dies In Stampede At PDP’s Rally In Sokoto (Photo)
Fuel Scarcity May Affect Election Logistics — INEC
News18 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu: Youths Attack APC Bus Carrying Snacks For Supporters(Video)
Top Stories18 hours ago
Tinubu: When Atiku Says “Walahi Talahi”, He Means “Na Lie I Lie” (Video)
Top Stories23 hours ago
BREAKING: Banks will still accept old notes after deadline – Emefiele
General Interest23 hours ago
Tension As Hoodlum Rapes Lady Inside Mosque In Ibadan
Top Stories23 hours ago
Fani-Kayode: Emefiele Has Weaponised The CBN
Top Stories19 hours ago
BREAKING: Prominent Northern Emir Is Dead
Top Stories18 hours ago
Breaking: Osun Tribunal: Adeleke Finally Speaks On ‘Forging Certificates’
Politics18 hours ago
Breaking! Primate Ayodele Breaks Down Tinubu’s ‘Emilokanism’…Warns Atiku,Obi