Mafab Communications, the second company issued a 5G license by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has beaten the telecom regulator’s deadline as it begins the rollout of the service on Tuesday.
Launching its service in Abuja, the company said the first phase of its rollout will be in six cities across the country in fulfilment of the rollout obligations as contained in the licensing document.
A new era: Speaking at the launch, Chairman of Mafab Communications, Dr Mushabu Bashir, who described the rollout of 5G as the dawn of a new era of infinite possibilities, said:
- “The rollout of Mafab 5G network is the beginning of immense opportunities for the country as it represents Nigeria’s capabilities and infinite possibilities. The prospect of increased job opportunities as a consequence of the value-chain benefits the technology will generate and offer is the dream we have all gathered here to launch today”.
- “5G network will usher in a wide array of business opportunities, wherein various business outfits will expand their frontiers with operational ease and speed, especially in the fields of education, medical sciences, engineering, security, businesses like the banking sector, SMEs, smart cities, transportation, entertainment.”
He said this new technology will not benefit only urban areas but also meet their long-term goal of ensuring that even people in rural areas and villages also enjoy the benefits of this amazing technology.
- “It is no secret that the countries that can provide their citizens with the latest network infrastructure which the 5G technology represents, will also be the ones that will thrive in the coming years.
- “They will be the ones that will stay competitive and the ones who will lead in innovation in addition to bringing socio-economic benefits to their citizens. And so, I can declare that with the 5G infrastructure, Nigeria will surely be a head ahead of many other countries, especially in Africa. Indeed, with the 5G network, our future as a people and as a country is remarkably bright”, Bashir said.
Minister’s comments: Also speaking at the event, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami, said:
- “MTN commenced the roll and now Mafab has joined the queue, I congratulate the Chairman of Mafab for his commitment to the success of the company. It is absolutely difficult to have a new player who joined the sector within a small period to be competing with some of the active players in the sector.”
He said 5G has enormous benefits for security institutions because there are technologies in security that leverage 5G which allows security institutions to properly manage security situations.
2023: Some elements in Aso Rock don’t want Tinubu to win – El-Rufai
Breaking! Gunmen attack INEC office, police station in Anambra
Breaking! 2023: Atiku Finally Reveals His Health Status
Igbokwe: Buhari’s Heart Is Not With Tinubu
BREAKING: INEC May Postpone General Election By Two Weeks
Breaking! ‘Atiku To Step Down For Peter Obi’ Is Good News For Us – Okonkwo
Buhari’s convoy wasn’t attacked by stone pelters in Kano – Presidency
Fani-Kayode’s Ex,Precious Chikwendu pens sweet note to son, Lotanna on his 7th birthday
Osun Tribunal: Oyetola’s Lawyer Brushes Aside Jury’s ‘Buga’ Judgement
100+ Happy New Month Messages For February Wishes
Breaking! Apostle Suleman Releases Fresh Prophetic Declaration For February 2023
Why Wike Can’t Publicly Declare Support For Tinubu Or Peter Obi
Shehu Sani: Why Wike’s G5 governors’ endorsement will be irrelevant
Tambuwal’s Aide, Aisha Maina Dies In Stampede At PDP’s Rally In Sokoto (Photo)
Fuel Scarcity May Affect Election Logistics — INEC
News18 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu: Youths Attack APC Bus Carrying Snacks For Supporters(Video)
Top Stories23 hours ago
BREAKING: Banks will still accept old notes after deadline – Emefiele
Top Stories18 hours ago
Tinubu: When Atiku Says “Walahi Talahi”, He Means “Na Lie I Lie” (Video)
Politics18 hours ago
Breaking! Primate Ayodele Breaks Down Tinubu’s ‘Emilokanism’…Warns Atiku,Obi
Entertainment16 hours ago
Toyin Abraham reveals why her parents threw her away at birth
General Interest23 hours ago
Tension As Hoodlum Rapes Lady Inside Mosque In Ibadan
Top Stories23 hours ago
Fani-Kayode: Emefiele Has Weaponised The CBN
Top Stories19 hours ago
BREAKING: Prominent Northern Emir Is Dead