Nigerian Newspaper Headlines & Naija News Today, Monday 30 January 2023
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines & Naija News Today, Monday 30 January 2023 can be accessed below.
CityNews has compiled Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, on Sunday, extended the deadline for the exchange of old naira notes by ten days. In a press statement issued on Sunday, Godwin Emefiele, the CBN governor, said the new deadline is now February 10, 2023.
2. At least 11 passengers were burnt to death beyond recognition in a fatal crash that happened on Sunday in Ondo State. The victims were said to be heading to Lagos in a luxury Marcopolo bus when they met their death on the busy Benin-Lagos highway.
3. Former Niger Delta freedom fighter, Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo has predicted a landslide victory for the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Dokubo made the declaration at the weekend while speaking at the 48th birthday celebration of Tein Jack-Rich, at Harry’s Town, Obuama, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State.
4. Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to direct the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, to probe the attack on Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP. In an open letter on Sunday by Deputy Director, SERAP, Kolawole Oluwadare, he also charged Buhari to caution governors to end reported suppression of campaigns of opposition parties within their States.
5. All is now set for a Federal High Court in Abuja to deliver a landmark judgment on January 30 in a suit seeking the removal of President Muhammadu Buhari from office on account of alleged illegalities in the 2019 presidential election. A notice for the judgment delivery sighted by our correspondent at the Federal Ministry of Justice in Abuja indicated that the verdict would be handed down by 9 am on Monday by Justice Inyang Edem Ekwo.
6. Rampaging gunmen struck again on Saturday night, killing two soldiers and three policemen at the Enugu-Ebonyi border. DAILY POST gathered that the gunmen, who operated in a Toyota Sienna, first killed the two soldiers at a checkpoint in Enugu before proceeding to the Enugu-Ebonyi border.
7. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has condemned the silence of the Federal Government and the military since the death of over 40 pastoralists and butchers in Nasarawa State. A statement over the weekend by the Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abdullahi, said the body wants an explanation for the “seemingly intentional killings” in Rukubi village under Doma Local Government Area.
8. The former North-East Zonal Secretary of the New Nigerian Peoples Party, Dr Babayo Liman, on Sunday, said the NNPP and its presidential candidate, Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, lacked the structure and capacity to rule Nigeria. Liman, who disclosed this in Jalingo, Taraba State, while addressing his supporters at a press conference, said he defected to the Peoples Democratic Party to help Atiku Abubakar win the February 25 presidential election.
9. Barely a few hours after Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje advised President Muhammadu Buhari against visiting his State, he has now rescinded his early decision, saying the President was now free to go ahead with his scheduled Monday visit to the State. He changed his mind after he led a delegation from the State to meet with President Buhari in his country home in Daura, Katsina State, on Sunday.
10. The House of Representatives Committee investigating the removal of old currency notes from circulation has rejected the 10-day extension by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Ado Doguwa, the Chairman of the Committee and Majority Leader of the House, in a statement on Sunday, rejected the extension and maintained that the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, must appear before the House.
Simon Ekpa Declares IPOB Sit-at-Home For Igbos In Lagos
Osun: Governor Adeleke Vows Not To Stop Dancing,Gives Reason
Singer Naira Marley denies ties with ISIS
Police Commission Appoints Egbetokun DIG, Promotes 24 CPs, 33 DCPs, Others [Full List]
Gov Adeleke Issues New Executive Order To Protect Aregbesola
BREAKING: Boko Haram chief bomber killed by own IED [PHOTO]
Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100%
Breaking: Nigeria’s President-Elect,Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointment
Breaking! Tinubu’s Aide Dragged To ICC Over 2023 Election
BREAKING: NLC Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike Over Naira Scarcity
GMW: Polaris Bank, CBN deepen financial literacy among young Nigerians
Gospel singers, Mercy Chinwo and Minister GUC severe ties, days after shady post
I’m Proud To Be A Nigerian Because Of Davido – Jemima Osunde
EPL: Arsenal To Make Saka Club’s Highest-Paid Player
Umar Damagum: Key Things To Know About PDP Acting National Chairman
Entertainment17 hours ago
Nollywood stars send prayers to Ibrahim Chatta as he cries out for help
Top Stories12 hours ago
Tinubu: Bode George reveals when he will leave Nigeria
Top Stories18 hours ago
Naira Scarcity: Banks Raise Cash Withdrawal Limits To Reduce Queues
News18 hours ago
CBN Governor,Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity
Top Stories15 hours ago
Breaking! MC Oluomo Should Face Full Wrath Of The Law If … – Lagos Deputy Gov.
Top Stories15 hours ago
Nigerians WIll Enjoy Tinubu’s Solid Political Pedigree From May 29th – Buhari
Top Stories14 hours ago
Breaking! Lagos Pastor ‘Plays Christian Sermon Whilst As He Rapes Lady’
Top Stories17 hours ago
Breaking! Tinubu cancels 71st birthday celebration,releases statement