Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes
  • Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike
  • ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS
  • Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike
  • Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer
  • Osun Election 2026: Bode George Sends Urgent Message To Tinubu
  • Why I Resigned as Edo Assembly Speaker – Agbebaku Breaks Silence
  • Abuja Flood: ‘Wike definitely worsened problem immensely’ – Kingibe
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » George Weah breaks silence on CAF stripping Senegal of AFCON title
News

George Weah breaks silence on CAF stripping Senegal of AFCON title

CitynewsBy CitynewsMarch 19, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

African football legend, George Weah, has reacted to the Confederation of African Football, CAF’s decision on the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, final.

CAF had stripped Senegal of the 2025 AFCON title and awarded it to Morocco.

The ruling was handed down by the CAF Appeal Board following a petition by Morocco.

According to the verdict, Senegal’s abandonment of the pitch during the chaotic final constituted a forfeit.

Consequently, the board nullified the original 1-0 result and awarded Morocco a 3-0 walkover win, declaring the host nation the new continental champions.

Reacting to the development, Weah, in a lengthy statement on Thursday, insisted that football matches must be decided on the pitch.

The former Liberian President also called on the Court of Arbitration for Sports, CAS, and other relevant authorities to move decisively so that “this travesty does not stand”.

“The subsequent decision by the CAF committee, taken after the match had already been concluded, should not override the authority exercised by the referee during the game,” Weah’s statement partly read.

“Football must be decided on the pitch, not re-decided after the final whistle.”

Meanwhile, Senegal forward, Sadio Mane, had slammed CAF for awarding Morocco the 2025 AFCON.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

By CitynewsAugust 19, 2026

The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship campaign in Osun State has rejected the result of…

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.