Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service
  • Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts
  • Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu
  • APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes
  • Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike
  • ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS
  • Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike
  • Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » NCDC Raises Alarm Over High Risk of Ebola Outbreak In Nigeria
News

NCDC Raises Alarm Over High Risk of Ebola Outbreak In Nigeria

CitynewsBy CitynewsMay 25, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) has raised concerns over the high risk of an Ebola outbreak in Nigeria following the continued spread of the disease in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda, as well as increasing cross-border movement and international travel.

Although no Ebola case has been recorded in Nigeria, the agency said it had intensified preparedness and surveillance measures over fears of a possible regional spread of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Director-General of the NCDC, Jide Idris, said the agency’s latest risk assessment indicated a strong possibility of the virus being imported into the country.

According to him, the risk is being driven by ongoing transmission of the virus in the DRC and Uganda, population movement, international travel, uncertainty over the actual scale of the outbreak, and the likelihood of delayed detection since Ebola symptoms are similar to those of malaria and Lassa fever.

The agency revealed that it had identified states considered vulnerable because of their proximity to international borders, major transport routes, and entry points.

The NCDC added that response efforts were already underway in affected regions of the DRC and Uganda, including surveillance, contact tracing, infection prevention, laboratory testing, and public sensitisation campaigns.

It further disclosed that Nigeria’s National Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) had been placed on alert mode, while the incident management system had been activated to improve coordination and emergency response in case of an outbreak.

The agency noted that Nigeria still possesses vital response capacities built from previous outbreaks, including trained rapid response teams, operational emergency centres, and laboratories equipped to handle viral haemorrhagic diseases.

The NCDC also stated that laboratories in states with international entry points had been placed on standby, while public awareness and misinformation management campaigns had been strengthened to combat false claims surrounding the disease.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

By CitynewsAugust 20, 2026

President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Mr Abel Olumuyiwa Enitan as the new…

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.