Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026

Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS
  • Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike
  • Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer
  • Osun Election 2026: Bode George Sends Urgent Message To Tinubu
  • Why I Resigned as Edo Assembly Speaker – Agbebaku Breaks Silence
  • Abuja Flood: ‘Wike definitely worsened problem immensely’ – Kingibe
  • Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention
  • Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » ‘APC Will Be Purchasing Its Own Death’ – Ondo Reps Candidate Whose Name Was Replaced
News

‘APC Will Be Purchasing Its Own Death’ – Ondo Reps Candidate Whose Name Was Replaced

CitynewsBy CitynewsJuly 1, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

One of the excluded House of Representatives candidates for Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency in Ondo State, Razaq Obe, has appealed to President Bola Tinubu to intervene in the controversy over the revised list of All Progressives Congress (APC) candidates in the state.

Obe’s name was reportedly replaced with that of Festus Adefiranye despite his claim that he emerged through the party’s primary and appeal processes.

Speaking in Akure, Obe questioned the legality of the alleged substitutions, saying candidates who emerged through due process had already been submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

He said, “Whatever error that has been made by anyone, perhaps if the so-called document is a true document, the President will kick in to redress that.

“By the stipulated deadline, our names went through the normal election committee, the appeal committee and were submitted to the party, which in turn forwarded them to INEC. So, you cannot come and do a review afterwards. That’s illegal.”

Obe warned that allowing the revised list to stand would damage the party’s image and undermine internal democracy.

“In a way, it will subject the party to ridicule. APC will be purchasing its own death in instalments by allowing itself to drift in this direction,” he said.

He urged Tinubu, APC leaders and other stakeholders to intervene, adding that protests across Ondo State showed the anger of party members over the alleged substitutions.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026

Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Don't Miss
News

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

By CitynewsAugust 18, 2026

Zenith Bank Plc will host the 10th edition of its International Trade Seminar on Non-Oil…

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026

Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026

Osun Election 2026: Bode George Sends Urgent Message To Tinubu

August 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026

Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.