Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida

August 21, 2026

Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu

August 21, 2026

‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida
  • Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu
  • ‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election
  • Tinubu Govt Withdraws Push For Death Penalty Against Nnamdi Kanu
  • 2027: ‘Atiku a voodoo economist, not leading candidate’ – Wike
  • Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service
  • Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts
  • Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Tinubu Govt Withdraws Push For Death Penalty Against Nnamdi Kanu
News

Tinubu Govt Withdraws Push For Death Penalty Against Nnamdi Kanu

CitynewsBy CitynewsAugust 21, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Special Counsel to the imprisoned leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, Alloy Ejinakor has disclosed that the Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led administration has withdrawn its cross-appeal seeking the mandatory death penalty against the pro-Biafra activist.

In a post on his social media, Ejimakor disclosed that he received formal communication from the government that jt would no longer pursue the appeal.

According to the lawyer, the government notified relevant parties of its decision to withdraw its cross-appeal on the mandatory death penalty, adding that representations had been made concerning the mandatory imposition of capital punishment and its alleged breach of international law.

He said: “UPDATE: By virtue of a formal communication I received 2 days ago, I can confirm that the Nigerian government ‘does not intend to pursue their cross appeal on the question of the mandatory death penalty’ against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. Case closed.”

Recall that the prosecution had demanded in November 2025 for Kanu to be sentenced to death under the Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act.

However, Justice James Omotosho of the Federal High Court in Abuja rejected the request and instead sentenced Kanu to life imprisonment.

He cited international developments and the growing move away from capital punishment.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida

August 21, 2026

Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu

August 21, 2026

‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election

August 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida

August 21, 2026
Don't Miss
News

BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida

By CitynewsAugust 21, 2026

The African Action Congress (AAC) presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has called for the arrest and…

Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu

August 21, 2026

‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election

August 21, 2026

Tinubu Govt Withdraws Push For Death Penalty Against Nnamdi Kanu

August 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida

August 21, 2026

Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu

August 21, 2026

‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election

August 21, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.