The gunmen who attacked Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina state, have reported warned the military to desist from the surveillance of their hideouts or risk having the abducted children safely returned to their parents.

Kadaria Ahmed, a top media personality, disclosed this in a tweet on Monday.

Citynews Nigeria reports that Kadaria quoted Abdul Labaran, spokesman of the Katsina government, to have said, in a chat with RadioNow FM, that the kidnappers have reached out to one of the parents of the abducted students.

She quoted Labaran as saying the gunmen have asked the parents to arranging ransom to facilitate the release of the students.

READ ALSO:   Kastina Abduction: Zamfara Orders Closure Of Schools

Katsina Abduction Update: We’ve Found 17 Students – Katsina Gov. ,Masari Claims

“Abdul Labaran DG Media for the Katsina govt just told @RadioNow953FM gunmen who abducted Kankara Students have phoned a parent and told him to begin gathering ransom money and asked him to tell the military to desist from air surveillance of their hiding place or else,” Kadaria tweeted.

Over 300 students were abducted last week Friday after bandits stormed the school.