Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers

May 19, 2026

If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso

May 19, 2026

2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
  • If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
  • 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
  • Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
  • 2027 election: Any politician that wants to win must align with APC – National Secretary, Basiru
  • I’ll Work To Remove Tinubu In 2027, Says Baba-Ahmed
  • Breaking: Bandits Kill Michael Oyedokun, Kidnapped Oyo Teacher
  • How I discovered 2 of 5 kids I raised weren’t mine – Top Nollywood Actor Reveals
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » World Bank excludes Nigeria from its $1.9bn COVID-19 response fund
News

World Bank excludes Nigeria from its $1.9bn COVID-19 response fund

CitynewsBy CitynewsApril 4, 2020No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Nigeria’s indebtedness to World Bank hits N3.6tn

The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors excluded Nigeria from the list of 25 countries that will benefit from its $1.9 billion first set of emergency support operations for nations that had been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

The decision, the World Bank said in a statement, was reached by the board on Thursday and it was prepared to deploy about $160 billion in the next 15 months to help countries deal with the COVID-19 pandemic and quick economic recovery.

The statement read:

“The World Bank Group is prepared to deploy up to $160 billion over the next 15 months to support COVID-19 measures that will help countries respond to immediate health consequences of the pandemic and bolster economic recovery.

“The broader economic program will aim to shorten the time to recovery, create conditions for growth, support small and medium enterprises, and help protect the poor and vulnerable. There will be a strong poverty focus in these operations, with an emphasis on policy-based financing, and protecting the poorest households and the environment.”

Also, the bank’s president, David Malpass, said the group was taking broad and fast action to reduce the spread of COVID-19 across the world.

He said: World Bank Group is taking broad, fast action to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and we already have health response operations moving forward in over 65 countries.

“We are working to strengthen developing nations’ ability to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and shorten the time to economic and social recovery. The poorest and most vulnerable countries will likely be hit the hardest, and our teams around the world remain focused on country-level and regional solutions to address the ongoing crisis.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers

May 19, 2026

If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso

May 19, 2026

2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi

May 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers

May 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers

By CitynewsMay 19, 2026

The Nigeria Revenue Service (NRS) is set to implement a new Taxpayer Identification (Tax ID)…

If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso

May 19, 2026

2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi

May 19, 2026

Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

May 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers

May 19, 2026

If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso

May 19, 2026

2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi

May 19, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.