Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket
  • Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi
  • ‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi
  • Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition
  • Sowore Declares For 2027 Presidential Election, Vows To Unseat Tinubu
  • Trump Orders Nigerians Applying for US Green Cards to Return Home
  • Lotus Bank staffers Allegedly Hack System, ‘Divert Customers’ N1.5 B’
  • 3. FrieslandCampina WAMCO reaps N119 billion gross profit in 2025 rebound
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Edo 2020: Court deems Ize-Iyamu’s Ambition
Edo

Edo 2020: Court deems Ize-Iyamu’s Ambition

CitynewsBy CitynewsJuly 2, 2020No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Federal High Court sitting in Benin, on Thursday adjourned the trial of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the Sept. 19, Edo governorship election, Osagie Ize-Iyamu and four others, till July 7.

Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and four others were supposed to appear on Thursday before Justice M.G. Umar over charges bordering on alleged N700 million money laundering case filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The Court had in its last sitting in Benin on June 18, 2020 validated the corruption charges against the defendants and adjourned the case to July 02, 2020 for further hearing.

The four other defendants in the suit include former Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chairman, Dan Orbih; the state chairman of the party, Tony Aziegbemi; former Deputy Governor of Edo State Lucky Imasuen, and Efe Erimuoghae-Anthony.

The anti-graft agency in Suit No. FHC/BE21C/ 2016 had filed eight count charges against the accused persons bordering on alleged illegal receipt of public funds to the tune of N700 million for the purpose of the 2015 general elections.

The EFCC further accused the defendants of conspiring among themselves to commit the offence in March, 2015, alleging that they took possession and control of the funds without any contract award.

However, on Thursday, there was no court sitting, but it was observed that some of the defendants and counsels were around the premises.

Speaking to journalists, counsel to Tony Aziegbemi, Mr Pascal Ugbomhe said the case had been adjourned till July 7.

Although he did not specify the reason why it was adjourned, he said,”it is a normal occurrence in court duties. It’s nothing unusual to adjourn matters.

“The defendants and counsels have been in court since about 8am and the court officials informed us that the matter has been adjourned to July 7.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Dassault Aviation Plans MRO Facility At Gateway International Airport

April 4, 2025

Swift Action By Minister Of Works, Lagos State Government Alleviates Hardship

April 4, 2025

Ogun Governor’s Elders Advisory Council Commends President Tinubu, Gov. Abiodun Over TASUED Takeover

April 2, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026
Don't Miss
News

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

By CitynewsMay 23, 2026

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Tuggar, has lost the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket…

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026

Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.