Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel
  • DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences
  • El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)
  • BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District
  • NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
  • If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
  • 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
  • Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » U.S. offers $10m for information on election intruders
Foreign

U.S. offers $10m for information on election intruders

CitynewsBy CitynewsAugust 6, 2020No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
U.S. President Donald Trump

United States has announced a 10-million-dollar (N3.8 billion) reward for information on foreign interference in its elections.

The Secretary of State, Michael Pompeo, announced the offer in a statement on Wednesday.

The move is targeting foreign government agents seeking to compromise the country’s federal, state or local election elections through cyber attacks.

Allegations of foreign interference, especially by Russia, in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections had been a big political issue in the country.

In 2019, then Special Counsel, Mr Robert Mueller, launched a lengthy investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the elections in favour of President Donald Trump.

Trump strongly denied colluding with the Russians, and dismissed the Muller probe as the product of a fake dossier paid for by the Democratic Party.

In his 448-page report, Mueller said it did not establish that the Trump campaign criminally conspired with Russia to influence the election.

However, the report cited 10 instances where Trump allegedly attempted to impede the investigation, a claim the president also denied.

In July, the Democratic Party’s candidate for the Nov. 3 election, Mr Joe Biden, said he received a security briefing on plans by the Russians to interfere again.

Biden vowed a swift retaliation against any nation that attempts to meddle in the American democratic process.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Meta To pay $25m To Settle Trump’s Lawsuit Over Facebook, Instagram Ban

January 30, 2025

North Korea’s Kim Accuses US Of Using Ukraine To Target Russia

November 18, 2024

Ethiopian PM pledges more air strikes in Tigray

November 7, 2020
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

By CitynewsMay 19, 2026

Oladipo Okpesheyi, the counsel to Sadiya Umar Farouq, the former minister of humanitarian affairs and…

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026

BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District

May 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.