Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket
  • Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi
  • ‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi
  • Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition
  • Sowore Declares For 2027 Presidential Election, Vows To Unseat Tinubu
  • Trump Orders Nigerians Applying for US Green Cards to Return Home
  • Lotus Bank staffers Allegedly Hack System, ‘Divert Customers’ N1.5 B’
  • 3. FrieslandCampina WAMCO reaps N119 billion gross profit in 2025 rebound
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » COVID-19: We shouldn’t relax yet — Ooni of Ife
News

COVID-19: We shouldn’t relax yet — Ooni of Ife

CitynewsBy CitynewsSeptember 5, 2020No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, cautions Nigerians against relaxing in observation of necessary protocols as COVID-19 cases drop.

Ooni of Ife

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, has cautioned Nigerians against relaxing in the observation of necessary protocols as COVID-19 cases drop.

The monarch spoke with State House correspondents after a courtesy visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Ogunwusi said he looked forward to the end of the COVID-19 pandemic and return of normal lives and activities.

“No, we cannot relax; it is not possible; COVID-19 is real; we have to keep protecting ourselves.

“We have to be very careful; thank God the Federal Government is looking at how to open the economy the more.

“We should follow the COVID-19 guidelines and we should not relax; but what the government is doing is that they are opening up the economy.

“We will continue to live and continue to pray that COVID-19 should finally leave us alone so that we will continue with our normal lives and activities.’’

He said that traditional rulers had been doing a lot to guard against community spread as they were closest to the people.

According to him, traditional rulers will continue to do more to sensitise  the people on what is going on in the world as Nigeria is not an exception.

“Some of our people who do not believe in it we have to let them know.

“We are very fortunate in Nigeria; the cases are sort of mild; but how many people are coming out for the test?

“What is critical is that we have not really had very huge community breakdown, community infections.

“ So, we thank God Almighty that has helped thus far and will also give credit to the people  in the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19; they have done very well,’’ he said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026
Don't Miss
News

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

By CitynewsMay 23, 2026

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Tuggar, has lost the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket…

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026

Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026

Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi

May 23, 2026

‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi

May 23, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.