Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

May 20, 2026

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • 2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest
  • Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel
  • DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences
  • El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)
  • BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District
  • NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
  • If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
  • 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » EndSARS Protest Aftermath: Court Orders CBN To Unfreeze Promoters’ Accounts
Features

EndSARS Protest Aftermath: Court Orders CBN To Unfreeze Promoters’ Accounts

CitynewsBy CitynewsFebruary 10, 2021No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
#EndSARS Protesters Reconvene At Alausa After Repelling Attack By Thugs. PHOTOS: Dare Idowu/Channels TV

A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to unfreeze the bank accounts of 20 #EndSARS promoters.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed gave the ruling following the agreement reached by parties in the suit to amicably resolve the matter.

The Judge while commending counsel to the CBN, Mr Michael Andoaka, and lawyer to the defendants, Mr. Femi Falana, ruled that “all processes filed in respect of the case are hereby deemed to have been withdrawn.”

Justice Mohammed then, set aside the November 4, 2020 order and ordered that all the accounts of the affected persons “be immediately defreezed.”

The CBN, in an exparte motion, had prayed the court to freeze the bank accounts of Bolatito Rachael Oduala and 19 others who participated in last year’s protest to end police brutality in the country.

The apex bank said it took the action to investigate the promoters of the protest on allegations bordering on terrorism financing, among others.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

“I’m Now Phd In View” – Silverbird TV Staff, Celebrates Nollywood Filmmaker Who Paid For Her Jamb Form

April 30, 2021

Incredible Season 7: Adron Homes Set To Kick-start Annual Contest

April 30, 2021

Buhari reappoints Nnenna Akajemeli National Coordinator/CEO, SERVICOM

April 30, 2021
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

May 20, 2026
Don't Miss
News

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

By CitynewsMay 20, 2026

Nigerian entrepreneur and socialite, Pascal Chibuike Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has said…

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

May 20, 2026

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.