Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel
  • DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences
  • El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)
  • BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District
  • NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
  • If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
  • 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
  • Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Buhari Sold Nigeria’s Future, Says Plateau Gov
News

Buhari Sold Nigeria’s Future, Says Plateau Gov

CitynewsBy CitynewsMarch 5, 2024No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Governor of Plateau State, Caleb Mutfwang, on Monday, lamented the economic hardship being faced by Nigerians and blamed the situation on the last administration led by ex-President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking during the swearing-in of 22 Special Advisers and heads of government agencies at the Government House in Jos, Mutfwang said Buhari left the country’s economy in terrible shape for his successor, President Bola Tinubu.

Mutfwang said, “We are at a very difficult juncture in the history of this country and I’m an advocate that after the election you forget politics and face governance.

“And even though the Federal Government is being led by a party other than my own, I owe you the duty to tell Nigerians the truth that this government inherited a worse situation than 1999.

“This government inherited an economy where we simply printed money up to the tune of N30tn and shared.

“This government inherited an economy where the crude oil we’re yet to take out of the ground had been sold in advance.

“So, when you’re talking about the fall of the naira, it’s not rocket science. We sold our future under the last administration.

“No wonder you’re hearing of riots today, people intercepting food on the way. We are lucky on the plateau that perhaps we have more food than many other states.

“And I pray that the time will not come on the Plateau that we will see this kind of riot for food, but it means we must roll up our sleeves and get to work.

“And that is why, for us as a government, when we announced one of the positions that talked about food security, people were laughing but it is a serious issue.”

The governor announced plans by his administration to set up a special agro-processing zone in the Barkin Ladi Local Government Area in partnership with the African Development Bank to the tune of $300m.

He called on the new appointees to brace up for the challenge to enable his administration to reverse the ugly situation for the good of the people

The governor added, “And to tell you that some of the appointees, I don’t know them, but because we want to get things done, we’re looking for the right people.

“Some of them were just introduced to me barely a week or two before the appointment; but because we became persuaded that they have the requisite CV to fit into the position we are looking for, we took them on board.

“And we are confident that with their coming on board, they will add value to governance. So, the most critical part for all the advisers is that you must go and look for money.

“This is a serious matter. There’s no money to share. You must put on your thinking cap and help us where we can source for funds.

“Some of the funds will be used for investment and development so that we can generate wealth.

“Those of you in charge of the constituencies, take down whatever government is doing to your constituencies so that together we can move as a people.

“We have suffered enough distraction.

You know of the bloodshed on the Plateau. The time is now to say enough is enough.”

Efforts to reach the former Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, were unsuccessful as he did not take calls to his mobile line as of press time.

Muhammadu Buhari
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

By CitynewsMay 19, 2026

Oladipo Okpesheyi, the counsel to Sadiya Umar Farouq, the former minister of humanitarian affairs and…

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026

BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District

May 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.