Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation
  • ‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency
  • 2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag
  • BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket
  • Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi
  • ‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi
  • Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition
  • Sowore Declares For 2027 Presidential Election, Vows To Unseat Tinubu
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Power Minister,Adelabu Abandons Governorship Ambition, Says Resignation Is “Fake News”
News

Power Minister,Adelabu Abandons Governorship Ambition, Says Resignation Is “Fake News”

CitynewsBy CitynewsApril 1, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Minister of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabu, appears to have shelved his ambition to contest the Oyo State governorship election next year, having failed to resign his cabinet position by the March 30, 2026, deadline set by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Amid the circulation of a purported resignation letter on social media, Adelabu’s media aide, Mr. Bolaji Tunji, dismissed the document as “fake news.”

He stated that the minister remains in office and continues to carry out his duties in line with the president’s mandate.

Adelabu had held consultations over the past year regarding his intention to contest the Oyo State governorship election under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

However, when asked last week during a press briefing in Abuja about his ambition and any plans to resign, the minister declined to give a direct response.

“I am fully focused on my job as the Minister of Power,” he said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026
Don't Miss
News

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

By CitynewsMay 24, 2026

A fresh legal battle has emerged between the family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir…

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.