Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation
  • ‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency
  • 2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag
  • BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket
  • Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi
  • ‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi
  • Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition
  • Sowore Declares For 2027 Presidential Election, Vows To Unseat Tinubu
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Supreme Court Adjourns Kano Emirate Dispute Till 2027
News

Supreme Court Adjourns Kano Emirate Dispute Till 2027

CitynewsBy CitynewsApril 21, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Supreme Court on Monday, adjourned the matter before it over the Kano Emirate dispute to April 19, 2027.

CityNews recalls that the 15th Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero and the 16th Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi Lamido, have been locked in a legal dispute over the Kano Emirate traditional stool.

The apex court held its first hearing in the long-running legal battle on Monday and immediately adjourned proceedings to April 19, 2027.

The court’s decision comes after parties in the protracted dispute presented their preliminary arguments.

The case was initiated by Aminu Babba Dan Agundi, who is challenging the Kano State Government and State Assembly over the repeal of the 2019 Kano Emirates Law, the dissolution of the five emirates created during the administration of Abdullahi Ganduje, and the reinstatement of Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who was dethroned in 2020.

Speaking to journalists shortly after the session, Dan Agundi expressed satisfaction with the decision of the court taken so far and expressed confidence in the impartiality of the judiciary.

He, however, said an appeal may be made against the timeline given by the court after consultations with legal advisers and key stakeholders, including members of the traditional council.

“We are satisfied with the position of the Supreme Court, and we believe its actions are in line with the law. However, after reviewing the outcome, we may consider applying for the adjustment of the timeline given,” he said.

Recall that Governor Abba Yusuf had, in 2024, signed the new Emirate Council Law in Kano State, which sacked the five emirs appointed by his predecessor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

By the decision, the governor also reinstated Sanusi as the new Emir of Kano and asked the emirs to leave the palaces and residences within two days.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026
Don't Miss
News

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

By CitynewsMay 24, 2026

A fresh legal battle has emerged between the family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir…

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.