Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians

May 20, 2026

2027: Adelabu’s Aide Speaks On Former Minister Being Disqualified From Oyo Governorship Race

May 20, 2026

I Have Evidence That I Won – Ned Nwoko Rejects Results Of Delta APC Senatorial Primary

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians
  • 2027: Adelabu’s Aide Speaks On Former Minister Being Disqualified From Oyo Governorship Race
  • I Have Evidence That I Won – Ned Nwoko Rejects Results Of Delta APC Senatorial Primary
  • 2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest
  • Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel
  • DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences
  • El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)
  • BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians
News

No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians

CitynewsBy CitynewsMay 20, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Tuesday debunked claims that a terrorist base exists in the southwest region of Nigeria.

The denial was contained in a statement in Abuja by the Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Michael Onoja, who spoke against the backdrop of the recent terrorist attack on some schools in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.

According to him, the incident is an isolated case.

This online medium reports that Onoja urged Nigerians to remain calm, united and continue to support security agencies with credible information.

He said the military had earlier conducted a comprehensive clearance operation in the Old Oyo National Park, neutralising criminal elements operating within the area.

According to him, current intelligence does not support claims of any established or structured terrorist base in the South-West region.

“The incident in Oyo State remains an isolated criminal act and does not indicate the presence of an entrenched insurgent structure in the region.

“The Armed Forces caution against narratives capable of creating unnecessary panic or emboldening criminal elements,” he said.

The defence spokesman disclosed that troops had already made contact with the perpetrators and were sustaining pursuit operations across forest corridors.

He added that joint operations involving other security agencies and local vigilantes were ongoing to flush out criminal elements and restore normalcy.

He emphasised that community cooperation remained critical, noting that human intelligence from residents would aid ongoing rescue efforts.

“The Armed Forces will not relent until all abducted victims are rescued and those responsible are brought to justice,” he added.

The DHQ also extended the condolences of the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, to the government and people of Oyo State, as well as the families of victims affected by the recent attack on some schools in Oriire Local Government Area.

The CDS described the abduction of innocent children and staff as reprehensible, assuring that the Armed Forces were deploying all necessary resources to ensure their safe and unconditional rescue.

“The full weight of the Armed Forces is being brought to bear to ensure the safe return of all abducted victims,” he said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

2027: Adelabu’s Aide Speaks On Former Minister Being Disqualified From Oyo Governorship Race

May 20, 2026

I Have Evidence That I Won – Ned Nwoko Rejects Results Of Delta APC Senatorial Primary

May 20, 2026

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

May 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians

May 20, 2026
Don't Miss
News

No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians

By CitynewsMay 20, 2026

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Tuesday debunked claims that a terrorist base exists in the southwest region…

2027: Adelabu’s Aide Speaks On Former Minister Being Disqualified From Oyo Governorship Race

May 20, 2026

I Have Evidence That I Won – Ned Nwoko Rejects Results Of Delta APC Senatorial Primary

May 20, 2026

2027: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest

May 20, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

No Terrorist Base In South-west – DHQ Assures Nigerians

May 20, 2026

2027: Adelabu’s Aide Speaks On Former Minister Being Disqualified From Oyo Governorship Race

May 20, 2026

I Have Evidence That I Won – Ned Nwoko Rejects Results Of Delta APC Senatorial Primary

May 20, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.