Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes
  • Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike
  • ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS
  • Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike
  • Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer
  • Osun Election 2026: Bode George Sends Urgent Message To Tinubu
  • Why I Resigned as Edo Assembly Speaker – Agbebaku Breaks Silence
  • Abuja Flood: ‘Wike definitely worsened problem immensely’ – Kingibe
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » FG Approves Ebola Outbreak Response Fund to Boost States’ Preparedness
News

FG Approves Ebola Outbreak Response Fund to Boost States’ Preparedness

CitynewsBy CitynewsJune 21, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Federal Government has approved the release of N21.2 million to each state under the State Outbreak Investigation and Response Fund (S-OIRF) to strengthen preparedness against Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) and other emerging public health threats.

The Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Prof. Ali Pate, approved the disbursement of 50 per cent of the fund allocation to states as part of efforts to reinforce Nigeria’s disease surveillance, emergency preparedness and response systems.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the Assistant Director of Information and Public Relations at the Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Ado Bako, said the funds would be released through the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) gateway under the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF).

According to the ministry, the intervention forms part of a broader strategy to strengthen the country’s readiness for Ebola and other potential disease outbreaks, despite the absence of any confirmed Ebola case in Nigeria.

Bako said the approval complements the work of the multi-sectoral Presidential Task Force on Ebola Preparedness and Other Health Threats, chaired by the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila.

He explained that the funds would enable states to improve disease surveillance, update preparedness plans, strengthen rapid response systems and enhance resilience against public health emergencies.

Pate directed all beneficiary states to account for both the current and previously disbursed outbreak response funds within six months, while ensuring strict compliance with financial management, reporting and accountability procedures.

“This approval reflects our commitment to both health security and accountability. We will continue to support states to strengthen their capacity to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats while ensuring transparency in the use of public resources,” the minister said.

He reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to safeguarding national health security through sustained investments in disease prevention, preparedness and coordinated emergency response.

The latest approval follows Friday’s inauguration of the Presidential Task Force on Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness, established to prevent a possible outbreak and strengthen the country’s emergency response capacity.

The intervention also comes weeks after President Bola Tinubu approved the release of N10 billion in emergency funding to boost Nigeria’s preparedness against Ebola and other emerging public health threats.

Public health experts have described the government’s proactive measures as essential to sustaining the country’s disease surveillance system and ensuring a swift response to any future outbreak.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

By CitynewsAugust 19, 2026

The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship campaign in Osun State has rejected the result of…

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026

Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike

August 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026

Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike

August 19, 2026

ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS

August 18, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.