Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention
  • Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says
  • Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election
  • Don’t Think You Will Get Away With It – Obasanjo Warns Failed Nigerian Leaders
  • Osun: APC’s defeat not Adeleke’s trade-off for supporting Tinubu – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed
  • ‘There Is No Agreement’ – Adeleke’s Camp Denies Political Deal With Tinubu
  • Breaking: INEC declares Adeleke winner of 2026 Osun Governorship Election
  • Polaris Bank Hosts Children for a Day of Fun, Learning and Workplace Discovery
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » ‘Remember We Campaigned For You’ – El-Rufai’s Wife Begs President Tinubu
News

‘Remember We Campaigned For You’ – El-Rufai’s Wife Begs President Tinubu

CitynewsBy CitynewsJuly 8, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The wife of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, Hajiya Asiya El-Rufai, on Tuesday, appealed to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to ensure that her detained husband receives what she described as fair treatment.

Asiya, who was flanked by El-Rufai’s other wife, Aichatou, recalled the support she and the former governor gave the President during the 2023 presidential campaign.

Speaking with journalists at her residence in Abuja on Tuesday, she said the family was not asking the President to interfere in the judicial process or halt the prosecution of the former governor.

Rather, she urged Tinubu to ensure that El-Rufai enjoys his constitutional rights, including access to medical care, family members, legal representatives and bail on reasonable terms.

According to her, if the President gives the order, all those concerned will comply.

CityNews reports that her appeal followed the arrest of El-Rufai’s personal physician, Prof. Bello Abubakar, by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

Asiya also alleged that her husband had been denied access to medical treatment despite being diagnosed with high blood pressure and high blood sugar levels.

“Mr. President Sir, I campaigned for you. I stood up and went to every nook and cranny of Kaduna State for you. My husband stood by your side. Is this what our family deserves?

“The ball is in your court, Mr. President. All these can stop if you say a word. We believe that you are a father and we know you can empathise.

“Please let him go free. I am not asking you to tell them not to prosecute him, but we are asking you to allow him the basic human rights that the Constitution you swore to uphold and defend guarantees. Let them give him the bail that he can afford. If he is guilty, let the court decide; if he is innocent, let the court decide,” she said.

She urged the President to ensure that justice is administered fairly and that her husband is treated in accordance with the provisions of the law.

She lamented that El-Rufai’s continued detention and denial of access to his doctors and relatives had left the family traumatised.

“We, the family, are traumatised. We live in constant fear that we will wake up and hear some bad news,” she said.

Describing the situation as psychological pressure on both her husband and the family, she added, “I honestly think that what they are doing is more about psychological warfare against Malam and against his family. If they humiliate us, dehumanise us and put us in constant fear, they feel that affects Malam.”

Asiya also questioned the reported decision to deny El-Rufai’s personal physician access to him.

“We were told that orders from ‘above’ said Professor Bello Abubakar cannot have access to anybody for 24 hours. Who is the ‘above’?” she asked.

She further alleged that El-Rufai had been denied regular access to his personal doctors, while visits by relatives had become increasingly restricted.

According to the family, the restrictions have made it difficult for the former governor to adequately prepare his defence.

“We do not shy away from defending ourselves, but we want a fair trial. We want an opportunity to be heard. Malam cannot adequately prepare for his defence while he remains in custody and has limited access to his lawyers.

“We are only asking that he be given the basic human rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Let him be granted bail on reasonable terms. If he is guilty, let the court decide. If he is innocent, let the court also decide,” she said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

By CitynewsAugust 17, 2026

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has ordered the withdrawal of the legal action instituted against…

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026

Don’t Think You Will Get Away With It – Obasanjo Warns Failed Nigerian Leaders

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.