Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention
  • Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says
  • Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election
  • Don’t Think You Will Get Away With It – Obasanjo Warns Failed Nigerian Leaders
  • Osun: APC’s defeat not Adeleke’s trade-off for supporting Tinubu – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed
  • ‘There Is No Agreement’ – Adeleke’s Camp Denies Political Deal With Tinubu
  • Breaking: INEC declares Adeleke winner of 2026 Osun Governorship Election
  • Polaris Bank Hosts Children for a Day of Fun, Learning and Workplace Discovery
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Breaking: FG Suspends Planned Increase In WAEC, NECO Fees
News

Breaking: FG Suspends Planned Increase In WAEC, NECO Fees

CitynewsBy CitynewsJuly 13, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The federal government has announced the suspension of the proposed increase in the registration fees for the 2027 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and the National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examination.

CityNews reports that the decision was announced in a statement on Monday by the Federal Ministry of Education.

The statement, signed by the Director, Press and Public Relations of the Ministry, Boriowo Folasade, said the suspension followed concerns and feedback from members of the public.

She added that the letter conveying the proposed fee adjustment, dated June 18, 2026, had been withdrawn to allow for a comprehensive review before any final decision is taken.

The government stated that the suspension followed concerns and feedback from members of the public.

“The Federal Ministry of Education announced that the letter conveying the proposed fee adjustment, dated 18 June 2026, has been withdrawn to allow for a comprehensive review and broader consultations with all relevant stakeholders before a final decision is taken,” the statement said.

The Ministry clarified that the proposed fee review was driven by rising costs of conducting national examinations, noting that registration fees have remained largely unchanged for several years despite rising operational expenses.

It cited higher costs of logistics, security, printing of examination materials, technology deployment, quality assurance and other services required to maintain the credibility of public examinations.

The statement said the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, directed that the proposal be put on hold in line with the Federal Government’s commitment to inclusive and evidence-based policymaking.

“The Honourable Minister of Education, Dr. Maruf Tunji Alausa, CON, has directed that the proposal be placed on hold in line with the Federal Government’s commitment to inclusive, transparent and evidence-based policymaking,” it said.

It added that consultations would be held with examination bodies, state ministries of education, school proprietors and administrators, parents’ associations, organised labour, education stakeholders and other critical partners before any decision is reached.

Accordingly, the ministry said the proposed review of examination registration fees would not take effect as earlier communicated until the consultation process is concluded.

The Federal Ministry of Education reiterated that students’ welfare, equitable access to quality education and responsible policymaking remain central to the Federal Government’s education agenda and pledged to keep the public informed throughout the consultation process.

Prior to the fee hike, which has now been reversed, the initial registration fee for WAEC and NECO for secondary school candidates was ₦27,500.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

By CitynewsAugust 17, 2026

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has ordered the withdrawal of the legal action instituted against…

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026

Don’t Think You Will Get Away With It – Obasanjo Warns Failed Nigerian Leaders

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Governor Adeleke Withdraws Suit Against EFCC Following Tinubu’s Intervention

August 17, 2026

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Better To Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under An Infidel – Islamic Cleric Says

August 17, 2026

Osun: ‘We Will Come Back Stronger’ – Kalu Speaks On Tinubu’s Fate Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 17, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.