Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation
  • ‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency
  • 2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag
  • BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket
  • Videos, statements of me supporting bandits doctored – Gumi
  • ‘Politicians won’t stop stealing if Nigerians don’t stone us’ – Amaechi
  • Insecurity: Oyo School Abductors Give Fresh Condition
  • Sowore Declares For 2027 Presidential Election, Vows To Unseat Tinubu
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Jos Attack: Why I Addressed Crowd From Armoured Carrier — Governor Mutfwang
News

Jos Attack: Why I Addressed Crowd From Armoured Carrier — Governor Mutfwang

CitynewsBy CitynewsApril 4, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang, has explained that his decision to address residents from an armoured tank carrier (ATC) following the Palm Sunday attack in Jos was based on security advice and the need for better visibility, Rep9ja reports.

Speaking on Channels Television’s Politics, the governor said the elevated position allowed him to effectively communicate with the crowd during a tense moment.

“From the height I stood, part of the reason they put me in the ATC was for me to gain height in order to address the crowd,” he said.

Mutfwang dismissed speculation that he was under threat, maintaining that his interaction with residents was largely peaceful and cooperative.

“As I addressed the crowd and they were comfortable that I had arrived, that’s why they were saying, ‘come, come,’ assuring me that I could come and that there was no harm,” he added.

He noted that public perception of the incident was shaped by selective social media clips, which, according to him, failed to capture the full extent of his engagement with grieving residents.

“If not for mischief, why are people not focusing on where I spent 90 per cent of the time with the crowd… appealing to people and calming them?” he queried.

The governor said he felt safe among the people but acknowledged that security personnel had a duty to take precautions given the volatile environment.

“I was comfortable with the people. I knew the people were not going to harm me, but the security had to,” he added.

He also revealed that he had been in Abuja attending official engagements when news of the attack broke, prompting his immediate return to the state.

“I was in Abuja, you remember, at the back of the APC National Convention, and then I had a very high-level security consultation on Sunday evening with some of the top security chiefs,” he said.

“We were discussing some of the things we need to do going forward when the news filtered that this had happened.”

According to him, he insisted on visiting the scene despite security concerns, as residents had demanded to see him before allowing the evacuation of victims.

“As early as 7 a.m., the presidential air fleet released a plane for me to return home. I wanted to drive straight to the scene because the crowd had said unless they see the governor, they are not going to allow those corpses to be evacuated,” he stated.

Mutfwang expressed appreciation to the people of Plateau State for their trust, reaffirming his commitment to stand with them in difficult times.

“I want to thank Plateau people for the level of trust and confidence they have reposed in me, which I have vowed never to betray,” he said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026
Don't Miss
News

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

By CitynewsMay 24, 2026

A fresh legal battle has emerged between the family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir…

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026

BREAKING: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister Tuggar Loses APC 2027 Bauchi Governorship Ticket

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

2027: Tinubu set to receive Certificate of Return, APC flag

May 24, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.