Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift

August 23, 2026

2027: Why Tinubu Didn’t Appoint Me As Campaign DG – Wike

August 23, 2026

Atiku Is Wrong, Bringing Back Fuel Subsidy Not The Answer – Murray-Bruce

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift
  • 2027: Why Tinubu Didn’t Appoint Me As Campaign DG – Wike
  • Atiku Is Wrong, Bringing Back Fuel Subsidy Not The Answer – Murray-Bruce
  • Tinubu’s Campaign Council Is Corruption’s Rehabilitation Centre – ADC
  • Dino Melaye heads to court as Tinubu appoints head of Nigeria revenue as campaign fund raiser
  • 2027: Confusion Hits Ogun APC As Another Governorship Candidate Emerges
  • BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council
  • Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Oyo Assembly Resumes Amidst Impeachment Plot Against Makinde
News

Oyo Assembly Resumes Amidst Impeachment Plot Against Makinde

CitynewsBy CitynewsApril 21, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Oyo State House of Assembly will on Tuesday resume plenary following the controversy surrounding an alleged impeachment plot involving Governor Seyi Makinde and the Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin.

CityNews understands that the House had earlier suspended plenary sittings amid tensions generated by the reported plot.

Findings by Punch revealed that the lawmakers had resolved their differences and agreed to reconvene to continue legislative duties.

A source within the Assembly, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the House was ready to move forward and focus on governance.

He said, “The House will have its plenary tomorrow (Tuesday) to streamline some issues as it affects the state.

“The House has put the issue of impeachment behind it. We are going to concentrate on our constitutional responsibility, which is law-making.”

The alleged impeachment plot had recently gained traction after some members of the Assembly raised concerns over political developments within the legislature and distanced themselves from any such move.

The development led to heightened political tension in the state, prompting the temporary suspension of plenary activities.

The Speaker, Ogundoyin, was at the centre of the crisis, amid claims and counter-claims involving the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Rashidi Ladoja.

Also mentioned in the controversy was Florence Ajimobi, widow of the late former governor, Abiola Ajimobi, and Ambassador-designate to Austria.

The situation was further complicated by comments attributed to former Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, who alleged that there were plots by the Makinde administration to remove Oba Ladoja.

Fayose, in a post on his handle, maintained that recent political developments were being interpreted as part of a broader agenda targeting the monarch.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift

August 23, 2026

2027: Why Tinubu Didn’t Appoint Me As Campaign DG – Wike

August 23, 2026

Atiku Is Wrong, Bringing Back Fuel Subsidy Not The Answer – Murray-Bruce

August 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift

August 23, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift

By CitynewsAugust 23, 2026

Earlier today, news broke that businessman Obi Cubana had gifted Pastor Jerry Eze a luxury house reportedly worth N500…

2027: Why Tinubu Didn’t Appoint Me As Campaign DG – Wike

August 23, 2026

Atiku Is Wrong, Bringing Back Fuel Subsidy Not The Answer – Murray-Bruce

August 23, 2026

Tinubu’s Campaign Council Is Corruption’s Rehabilitation Centre – ADC

August 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Daniel Regha says Jerry Eze should reject Obi Cubana’s N500m massion gift

August 23, 2026

2027: Why Tinubu Didn’t Appoint Me As Campaign DG – Wike

August 23, 2026

Atiku Is Wrong, Bringing Back Fuel Subsidy Not The Answer – Murray-Bruce

August 23, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.