Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu

August 22, 2026

Breaking: Tinubu Suspends Three PS As ICPC Uncovers Fresh Fake Agency

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council
  • Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu
  • Breaking: Tinubu Suspends Three PS As ICPC Uncovers Fresh Fake Agency
  • Alleged drug trafficking: FBI explains why Tinubu’s record can’t be released
  • Tinubu Orders Arrest Of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze Over Fake Agency
  • BREAKING: Sowore Calls for Arrest of Babangida
  • Atiku Shows ‘Serious Ignorance’ Of Economy For Promising Fuel Subsidy Return, Says Tinubu
  • ‘You Didn’t Conquer Anybody’ – Tinubu Warns Adeleke After Osun Election
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Abuja Event Centre Breaks Silence on Wike Licence Threat Over ADC Convention
News

Abuja Event Centre Breaks Silence on Wike Licence Threat Over ADC Convention

CitynewsBy CitynewsMay 1, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The management of De Rainbow Event Centre has denied claims that it was threatened with licence revocation by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, over the hosting of the African Democratic Congress convention.

The clarification was made on Thursday in Abuja. It comes after days of controversy surrounding the venue used for the African Democratic Congress (ADC) national convention held on April 14.

Speaking at a press briefing, the Director of the centre, Mrs Martina K. Yusuf, dismissed the allegation. She described it as false and misleading.

She said, “We wish to categorically state that De Rainbow Event Marquee did not receive any threat of license revocation from the Minister of the FCT or from any other person or government institution.

“These reports were not authorised by us and, to the best of our knowledge, are untrue. They appear to have been circulated without verification.

“Members of the public and the media are therefore urged to disregard the allegation in its entirety and only rely on verified information.”

Yusuf explained that the statement became necessary after concerns from clients who had already booked the facility. According to her, some customers had raised fears over whether their events would still hold as scheduled.

“This clarification has become necessary following enquiries from clients with existing bookings who are concerned about their scheduled events.

“We confirm that De Rainbow Event Marquee remains open for business and all confirmed bookings remain valid. Providing our clients with a secure and controlled environment is our top priority.

“We are grateful for everyone’s understanding and the trust they have placed in us,” she added.

The development follows earlier claims by the ADC leadership, led by former Senate President David Mark. The party had alleged that the venue faced pressure to cancel its agreement ahead of the convention.

In a statement shared online, the party’s spokesperson, Bolaji Abdullahi, claimed the management of the event centre informed them of threats. He alleged that officials of the Federal Capital Development Authority, alongside the FCT Minister, warned of possible consequences if the event was hosted.

Abdullahi insisted that the venue risked losing its operational licence. He, however, maintained that the party would not back down. According to him, the ADC fulfilled all financial obligations and had a binding agreement with the facility before the alleged pressure emerged.

Despite the claims, the event went ahead as planned in Abuja.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu

August 22, 2026

Breaking: Tinubu Suspends Three PS As ICPC Uncovers Fresh Fake Agency

August 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council

August 22, 2026
Don't Miss
News

BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council

By CitynewsAugust 22, 2026

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has constituted the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council for the…

Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu

August 22, 2026

Breaking: Tinubu Suspends Three PS As ICPC Uncovers Fresh Fake Agency

August 21, 2026

Alleged drug trafficking: FBI explains why Tinubu’s record can’t be released

August 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

BREAKING: Yari Named DG of Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Campaign Council

August 22, 2026

Osun APC Candidate Sends Strong Warning to Adeleke After Meeting Tinubu

August 22, 2026

Breaking: Tinubu Suspends Three PS As ICPC Uncovers Fresh Fake Agency

August 21, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.