Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service
  • Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts
  • Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu
  • APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes
  • Governor Adeleke Is Not Fubara – Dele Momodu Taunts Wike
  • ZENITH BANK TO BRING GLOBAL TRADE LEADERS TOGETHER AT 10TH INTERNATIONAL TRADE SEMINAR ON NON-OIL EXPORTS
  • Tinubu Could Have Secured Victory For Osun APC “At All Cost” – Wike
  • Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ battling stage 4 cancer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » BREAKING:Ondo: Bandits abduct traditional ruler, shoot wife
News

BREAKING:Ondo: Bandits abduct traditional ruler, shoot wife

CitynewsBy CitynewsJune 14, 2026No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Suspected bandits have abducted Oba Adeniyi Adelana, the traditional ruler of Odo-Oriya community in Owo local government area of Ondo state.

The monarch was reportedly abducted on Saturday night when gunmen invaded his palace. Abayomi Jimoh, spokesperson of the Ondo police command, confirmed the incident in a statement.

Jimoh said the monarch’s wife sustained a gunshot injury during the attack and is receiving treatment.

According to the police, the incident occurred at about 8:05 pm when approximately six armed men stormed the residence of the traditional ruler.

“Preliminary reports indicate that at about 8:05 p.m. on the reported date, a group of approximately six armed men stormed the residence of Mr. Adeniyi Adelana, aged 60, the Baale of Ode Oriya Village.

“The assailants reportedly invaded the premises under the cover of darkness and forcefully whisked the victim away through a nearby bush path to an unknown destination,” part of the statement read.

Jimoh said the Divisional Police Officer in Owo immediately mobilised security personnel to the area after receiving a distress report.

“Upon receipt of the distress report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of B Division, Owo, immediately mobilized a combined team of police operatives and other security personnel to the scene.

“The area was swiftly secured, and a preliminary assessment of the crime scene was conducted as part of ongoing investigative efforts,” he said.

The police spokesperson said the monarch’s wife was rescued and taken to a medical facility after she was shot in the hand.

“In the course of the attack, the victim’s wife sustained a gunshot injury to her right hand. She was promptly rescued and taken to a nearby medical facility, where she is currently receiving treatment and responding positively to medical care,” he said.

Jimoh said security operatives had launched a search-and-rescue operation across forests and surrounding communities.

“A comprehensive search-and-rescue operation was immediately activated, with security operatives combing nearby forests, bush paths, and suspected escape routes in a determined effort to track the movement of the kidnappers, secure the victim’s safe release, and bring the perpetrators to justice,” he said.

He added that tactical deployments had been reinforced across the area to support the operation, strssing that CP Wilfred Afolabi had directed all tactical units and intelligence teams to intensify efforts to rescue the monarch and arrest the suspects.

“The Command remains resolute in its commitment to ensuring that the victim is reunited safely with his family while all those involved face the full weight of the law,” he concluded.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

By CitynewsAugust 20, 2026

President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Mr Abel Olumuyiwa Enitan as the new…

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026

APC Rejects Osun Election Results, Says Adeleke Did Not Win Highest Valid Votes

August 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Tinubu Appoints Ijesa-Born Enitan New Head Of Civil Service

August 20, 2026

Fadahunsi Apologises For “Kill Accord” Statement, Governor Adeleke Reacts

August 20, 2026

Fayose Reveals Makinde’s Alleged Promise Not To Work Against Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.