Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
- NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
- If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
- 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
- Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
- 2027 election: Any politician that wants to win must align with APC – National Secretary, Basiru
- I’ll Work To Remove Tinubu In 2027, Says Baba-Ahmed
- Breaking: Bandits Kill Michael Oyedokun, Kidnapped Oyo Teacher
- How I discovered 2 of 5 kids I raised weren’t mine – Top Nollywood Actor Reveals
Author: Citynews
President Bola Tinubu has approved the redeployment of Femi Fani-Kayode as Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to South Africa. The former Aviation Minister was moved to South Africa following reports that he had been rejected by the German government, where he was initially posted. However, in a post shared on X, Fani-Kayode dismissed the claims, insisting that he personally declined the Germany posting and requested redeployment to South Africa. He wrote, “It gives me pleasure to announce the fact that Mr. President has graciously approved my posting as Nigeria’s Ambassador-Designate to South Africa. “This came a few days after the initial posting to…
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has convicted former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, on a 12-count charge bordering on fraud and money laundering filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Justice James Omotosho, who delivered the judgment on Thursday, held that the anti-graft agency successfully established the former minister’s culpability beyond reasonable doubt. Mamman served as Minister of Power under former President Muhammadu Buhari. The court found Mamman guilty of illegally diverting public funds amounting to about ₦33.8bn. Justice Omotosho also held that the former minister made a cash payment of $655,700, equivalent to about ₦200m,…
Former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has said he would consider running again in the 2027 elections. According to Jonathan, this is due to mounting pressure from his supporters. Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Thursday, the former Nigerian leader said he would contest “when the need arises” after wide consultations, adding that he would engage well-meaning Nigerians before taking a final decision on the presidency. Jonathan said consultations remain ongoing as calls for him to return to power continue to gather momentum across different parts of the country. In recent months, several groups and political associates have intensified appeals…
Protesters led by Nigerian activist Omoyele Sowore have stormed MTN Nigeria’s head office in Abuja over the high cost of service. The protesters were heard shouting “MTN Ole!” The aggrieved individuals demanded urgent action over what they described as exploitative pricing. “We demand that MTN immediately stop all the exorbitant charges. We need quality service in the country. “Last week, someone complained that he paid a huge amount of money, but he was not given the data. That’s the story of many Nigerians,” one of the protesters said. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s Senate President, Godswill Obot Akpabio, has stated that Nigeria will not take retaliatory…
The Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the interim forfeiture of nine properties linked to former Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, to the Federal Government. Justice Obiora Egwuatu gave the order after counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Oluwaleke Atolagbe, moved an ex parte motion. Although the ruling was delivered on April 24, the enrolled order was sighted on Wednesday, May 6. The affected properties are located in high-value areas of Abuja. They include four blocks of terraces at Dakibiyu; a duplex with penthouse and office complex at No. 3, Niger Street, MStreet; one…
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has officially waived the screening requirements for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. CityNews reports that the decision clears President Tinubu to participate in the party’s upcoming presidential primary elections without appearing before a screening committee. At its 188th meeting held on Wednesday, the NWC resolved to deem President Tinubu as duly screened in line with the APC Constitution. The decision was taken under the powers vested in the committee by Article 13.4 (xiii) and (xiv), which allow it to organise primaries and grant waivers in special circumstances when it serves the best interest of the…
The Sultan of Sokoto, Saad Abubakar III, has dismissed fears of a religious agenda in Nigeria, saying Muslims are not planning to wipe out Christians. CityNews reports that the Sultan spoke on Wednesday at the first triannual meeting of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council in Abuja. The meeting was attended by religious and government leaders, including the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Archbishop Daniel Okoh, and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), George Akume. The Sultan, who co-chairs NIREC, said many violent incidents described as religious conflicts were being misunderstood, thereby deepening suspicion and mistrust among Nigerians.…
African Democratic Congress (ADC) chieftain, Kenneth Okonkwo, has claimed that the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, does not want to take part in competitive primary elections. Okonkwo stated this during an interview on ARISE News on Wednesday. According to him, Obi’s political decisions are often driven by a reluctance to face open contests. According to him, Obi’s departure from the ADC was not due to ideological differences or internal party challenges, but rather a preference to avoid primary elections. “Peter Obi is afraid of free and fair primary elections. He gave reasons of challenges, but…
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has announced July 10, 2026, as the final date for eligible Nigerians to register for voting ahead of the 2027 general elections. The electoral body said the third and last phase of the Continuous Voter Registration, CVR, exercise will begin on Monday, May 11, 2026, across the country. The announcement was contained in a statement released by the Chairman of the Information and Voter Education Committee, Mohammed Kudu Haruna. According to the Commission, the exercise is part of efforts to ensure that all qualified Nigerians are captured in the voter register before preparations for…
Cleric Denies Involvement In Alleged Plot Against Tinubu, Says Multi-Million Naira Transfers For Prayers
An Islamic cleric, Sheikh Bukar Kashim Goni, who was accused of complicity in an alleged plot to overthrow President Bola Tinubu’s administration has stated that the ₦10 million transferred to his account was for prayers. CityNews reports that Goni is one of the six defendants facing trial before the Federal High Court in Abuja over the botched coup plot. Other defendants in the charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/206/2026, which was filed by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, are retired Major General Mohammed Ibrahim Gana; retired Naval Captain Erasmus Ochegobia Victor; serving Police Inspector Ahmed Ibrahim; and two others,…
