Close Menu
City News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel
  • DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences
  • El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)
  • BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District
  • NRS makes tax ID mandatory for taxpayers
  • If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Saying Things – Gov Yusuf Sends Warning To Kwankwaso
  • 2027: Atiku Abubakar Can’t Win Election, I Won’t …. – Amaechi
  • Peter Obi Emerges Sole NDC Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
City News NGCity News NG
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
City News NG
Home » Bayern Sign Portugal Star Palhinha For €49M
Sports

Bayern Sign Portugal Star Palhinha For €49M

CitynewsBy CitynewsJuly 11, 2024No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Bayern Munich on Thursday finally secured the signing of Portugal midfielder Joao Palhinha from Fulham for a reported fee of 49 million euros ($53 million) after coming close to acquiring him last year.

The 28-year-old, who spent two years at Fulham after arriving from Sporting Lisbon in 2022 for 22 million euros, signed a four year contract.

Bayern had been poised to sign Palhinha in 2023, the defensive midfielder had even posed in the club’s strip, but the deal fell through just before the transfer window closed when Fulham failed to find a replacement.

In a statement, Palhinha said it was “one of the happiest days of my life,” adding “this is a dream come true for me… I want to enjoy success with Bayern and win titles.”

Sporting director Max Eberl said the player was “highly sought after by Bayern even last summer –- and rightly so. It was important that we never lost touch”

Palhinha, who has scored twice in 31 international appearances, took part in Portugal’s Euro 2024 campaign which ended at the hands of France in the quarter finals.

His signing is Bayern’s third major arrival of the summer, as the club continues a summer rebuild after a first season without a trophy since 2012.

Forward Michael Olise and centre-back Hiroki Ito have already joined the club, alongside manager Vincent Kompany who was appointed coach at the end of last season.

Kompany will be tasked with returning Bayern to the top of the German football tree after their streak of 11 straight Bundesliga titles was broken last season.

Bayern were eliminated in the semi-finals of the Champions League by eventual winners Real Madrid, while Bayer Leverkusen won the league and cup double under manager Xabi Alonso.

Kompany will have the added pressure the Champions League final is to be held at Bayern’s Allianz Arena next season.

Bayern Munich
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Citynews
  • Website

Related Posts

NPFL Fines Shooting Stars ₦5m, Bans Fans After Ikorodu City Attack

April 10, 2025

Sadio Mane Is The Person I Have Always Looked Up To,” Says Yankuba Minteh Of Brighton

March 25, 2025

The Premier League’s Biggest Transfers – Did They Live Up to the Hype?

March 22, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026
Don't Miss
News

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

By CitynewsMay 19, 2026

Oladipo Okpesheyi, the counsel to Sadiya Umar Farouq, the former minister of humanitarian affairs and…

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026

BREAKING: Barrister Kunle Adegoke(KRAD) Emerges APC Candidate for Osun Central Senatorial District

May 19, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo
About Us

City News NG is a fast-growing Nigerian online news platform delivering breaking stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, and lifestyle updates to readers across Nigeria and the diaspora. It positions itself as a reliable digital newspaper with timely coverage of national and global events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Sadiya Umar Farouq In Egypt, Medically Unfit To Appear In Court – Counsel

May 19, 2026

DAPPMAN Kicks As Dangote Refinery Sues FG Over Fuel Import Licences

May 19, 2026

El-Rufai’s Wife, Asiya, Protests His Continued Detention (Video)

May 19, 2026
Most Popular

Stop Press! Jesam Michael, AAS Investors Are Aggrieved

May 10, 2024

Leadway Advocates For Public Safety As Nigerians Embrace The New Year

January 7, 2025

Ogun Is Setting The Pace In Tackling Energy Challenges, Says Abiodun

February 15, 2024
© 2026. Designed by .
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.