Author: Citynews

Theatre producer Sir Cameron Mackintosh has said that West End and Broadway theatres are unlikely to be able to stage musicals until early next year.Speaking on BBC Radio 2, Sir Cameron said it’s impossible for theatres to plan for the future while social distancing is in place.”We want the audience to feel safe, and we want the actors to feel safe.”Theatres in many countries have been closed indefinitely in response to the coronavirus pandemic.In the UK, all West End performances have been cancelled until at least 31 May.Sir Cameron is a lauded theatre owner and theatrical producer, who has staged…

Read More

Authorities of the Federal Medical Centre Idi-Aba, Abeokuta have confirmed the record of two Coronavirus cases in the Centre. Three suspected cases were managed at the Accident and Emergency Complex of the Centre within last week. However, two of the patients tested positive while one was negative. One of the patients who tested positive was a pregnant woman who passed on on Friday. Her result returned positive on Saturday. Her corpse was released to her husband after careful counseling and due adherence to the World Health Organization ( WHO) guidelines on such a matter. The second patient is a young man who has…

Read More

The leading chairmanship aspirant for Abeokuta South Local Government, Hon. Farouk Adeniyi Akintunde on Friday gave out Ramadan packages to the leaders and party faithful of All Progressive Congress ,APC, in the local government area of Ogun state.While presenting the packages to the leaders in Abeokuta Farouq said it became necessary for him to support the party faithful during Ramadan period.He submitted that the leaders have been doing great in the state, saying that doing the gesture is a way to appreciate them.The leading chairmanship aspirant urged the leaders to continue to support Abiodun’s government, adding that the governor is…

Read More

A fresh case of Covid-19 has been recorded in Kaduna, raising the number of active cases in the state to four.The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Amina Baloni, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Kaduna.She said the new patient had contact with the three patients who tested positive earlier in the week.The commissioner said: ‘’Contact tracing is ongoing to identify persons the new case had interacted with so that they can be monitored and tested if they meet the case definition.’’She said medical professionals were attending to the four active cases in the state who are receiving treatment…

Read More

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 114 new cases of COVID-19, bringing to 1,095, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria. It said that 80 of the new confirmed cases were reported in Lagos, 21 in Gombe, 5 in FCT, 2 in Zamfara, 2 in Edo, 1 in Ogun, 1 in Oyo, 1 in Kaduna and 1 in Sokoto.NCDC said in a tweet on Friday that as of 11:30 pm 24th April, there were 1095 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria.And 208 patients have been discharged while 32 patients have died of the disease.Breakdown of cases by…

Read More

A staff of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company IBEDC, Ayorinde Olajide, was attacked by aggrieved residents of Isale Igbeyin/Grammar school areas of Abeokuta in Ogun state on Thursday April 24th.Ayorinde while narrating his ordeal, said he was out distributing bills to the residents who were at home due to the lockdown when he was attacked. Advertisement “I was busy distributing electricity bills to houses around Isale -Igbehin and Grammar School area of Abeokuta and I was attacked by a group of people asking me to stop the unnecessary distribution of bills. Before I could even explain to them, they started…

Read More

The protective glass box recently unveiled by the Ogun State Government is now in use by health workers in the State to collect samples for forward testing at the Ogun State Walk-in & Drive-through Testing Centre at the Ijamido Town Hall, Opposite Ansar-u-Deen Comprehensive College in Ota.This was disclosed during an inspection visit by the Deputy Governor, Engr Noimot Salako-Oyedele and the Hon. Commissioner for Health, Dr Tomi Coker who assessed the high-end method used by the health experts.According to analysis earlier given by the State Ministry of Health, the protective glass box, which is the first in Nigeria, has…

Read More

Ogun State Government has announced that the second phase of distributing 80,000 relief materials to residents in the state will begin on Saturday.The State Deputy Governor, Naimot Salako-Oyedele disclosed this on Wednesday during a strategic meeting with all the twenty Local Government Transition Committee Chairmen in her office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.The Deputy Governor urged the local government chairmen to ensure the second batch of distributing relief materials is targeted at the vulnerable and the poors in the State.Explaining how the stimulus package would be distributed, the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Shuaib Salisu, disclosed that 80,000 relief…

Read More

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has commended the Ogun State Government for its willingness to go an extra mile at ensuring that the State was fully ready to battle the COVID-19 pandemic.The Director General, NCDC, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu who made this known when he visited the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, alongside the Country Director, World Health Organisation (WHO), Dr. Fiona Braka in the Governor’s country home, Iperu-Remo, said that the Centre for Disease Control is willing to work with the State Government in its quest to battle the Coronavirus pandemic. He added that the Centre believes…

Read More

The Health and Human Services Secretariat of the FCT Administration has noted with concern the video trending on social media, showing a man pulling off his Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) unprofessionally after participating in the burial of the late Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Malam Abba Kyari, at the Gudu cemetery, Abuja. The Public Health Department has since taken neccasry action. The said PPE left over by the individual has been professionally evacuated and the entire cemetery has been decontaminated. In addition, all the individuals including the man in question that participated in the burial and were not properly kitted…

Read More